What we do.
We do multichannel video programming distribution, having grown with the industry from traditional coaxial cable to triple play and emerging technologies.
We do cable deals of all sizes, from $1 million to billions of dollars.
We advocate. We represent clients’ interests before the Federal Communications Commission, the United States Copyright Office, Congress, state and local governments.
We negotiate—retransmission consent agreements, programming agreements, TV Everywhere, authentication agreements, vendor relationships, and technology contracts.
We do compliance. To name a few:
- Cable compulsory licensing (Section 111)
- Network Neutrality
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
- FCC licensing
- Public inspection files
- Syndicated exclusivity (syndex) and network nonduplication (nondup)
- Must-carry and market modifications
- Customer notices and agreements
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Rate regulation and effective competition
- Leased access
- Multiple dwelling unit (MDU) access /inside wiring
- Fees—franchise fees, regulatory fees, VoIP fees
We do more. We are not just cable lawyers. We provide counsel on a variety of issues, including communications, technology and privacy matters.
What we don’t do.
We don’t discriminate based on size. We have represented cable operators of all sizes, from systems serving 7 subscribers to top 10 MSOs.
We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach. We know that each client and each matter requires individualized attention and unique solutions.